18-year-old student goes on killing spree in Russia, shoots over 10 schoolmates dead
At least seventeen persons have been confirmed dead following a gun attack on a school in Moscow-annexed Crimea Wednesday afternoon.
An 18-year-old student identified as Vladislav Roslyakov was said to have entered the polytechnic college in Kerch with a gun and shot at other students.
Russia’s Investigative Committee has said in a statement that “currently, there are 17 known deaths. The initial inspection of the bodies suggests that they died from gunshot wounds.”
Reuters says its a report that many of the victims were teenage students who suffered shrapnel and bullet wounds.
Pupils and staff said the attack had started with an explosion, followed by more blasts, and a hail of gunfire.
Roslyakov’s body was also found in the building. He is believed to have killed himself. Reports say he legally bought a 12mm rifle last month and a few days ago stocked up on 150 bullets.
An employee at Kerch’s hospital said dozens of people were being treated for their injuries in the emergency room and in the operating theatre.
There were no immediate clues as to Roslyakov’s motive in carrying out the attack, which was similar to shooting incidents in United States schools.
Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin has described the incident as an act of terrorism.



