Now Reading
NAF Destroys Bomb Factory in Borno, Weeks After Deadly Suicide Attacks

NAF Destroys Bomb Factory in Borno, Weeks After Deadly Suicide Attacks

NAF Airstrikes Take Out Top Terrorist Leaders, 35 Militants in Borno

The Nigeria Air Force (NAF) has announced that it conducted an airstrike that destroyed a suspected bomb factory located at Grazah, deep in the Mandara Hills, Borno State.

The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Vice Marshal Edward Gabkwet, disclosed this in a statement released on Thursday, August 8, stating that the airstrike was in response to recent bomb attacks, particularly in Borno State.

“Concerned by recent attacks, especially on innocent civilians in Borno State using Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and suicide bombers, and in a bid to achieve the mandate of the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai, airstrikes were conducted on terrorists’ enclaves at Grazah, a location deep in the Mandara Hills, on August 2, 2024,” Gabkwet said.

Recall that Neusroom reported how teenage female suicide bombers detonated explosives during a wedding, a funeral, and at a hospital in Gwoza Local Government Area in Borno State, which left at least 18 people dead.

How NAF Conducted the Air Strike

Describing the operation, which was carried out on August 2, the Air Vice Marshal said that the IED factory had been under the surveillance of military operatives for weeks.

See Also
The Edo State Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has refuted allegations by its national secretariat implicating the Edo State Government in the raid of the labour house in the state. Acting State Chairman, Bernard Egwekhide, and Acting State Secretary, Kingsley Ireotoi, issued this rebuttal in a statement on Monday. The statement emphasized that claims of police officers storming the labour house were entirely baseless. “This is to deny the claim by the NLC national secretariat that the Edo State Government forcefully broke into and ransacked the Edo State Labour House. “Instead, the police officers seen in a video shared by the former chairman, Comrade Odion Olaye, were stationed at the premises upon the request of the congress leadership to safeguard the building and its properties. “There is a long-standing cordial relationship between the Edo State Government and the various labour unions, including the NLC. Recently, there was a meeting between the state government and labour representatives aimed at addressing irregularities in the minimum wage (administrative wage) implemented by the previous administration. “Furthermore, the Edo State Government has never engaged in any acts of vandalism or intimidation against labour unions or their properties. We believe such allegations are intended to tarnish the image of the state government and sow unnecessary discord between the government and the labour unions," the statement read. The state council went on to challenge the national secretariat to prove its allegations if otherwise.

“For some time now, this IED factory was suspected to have been relocated, first from Gwoza to the Timbuktu Triangle in Sambisa Forest and finally to Grazah in the Mandara Hills,” Gabkwet said, adding that the facility was located and effectively destroyed.

“The aftermath of the airstrikes, followed by a thick cloud of smoke, was indicative that the suspected IED factory, as well as the two gun trucks, were effectively destroyed, while several terrorists were neutralized,” Gabkwet added.

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

© 2025 Neusroom. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top