FG plans to block IPOB sources of funding
One of the biggest challenges posed by IPOB is just how well funded the group is.
According to online reports, IPOB has pulled million of dollars from sponsors locally and internationally
The Federal Government in a recent statement through The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed disclosed on Tuesday when he appeared on a live TV programme “Good Morning Nigeria” on the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).says it is aware of sources of funding of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and is taking steps to block them.
Lai Mohammed stated that although terrorists does not publish where their funding are coming from. But he claimed government knows the countries that are supporting IPOB.
We are taking steps to block them and we are also taking a lot of diplomatic actions in respect of the countries that are supporting them”. he said
The Minister said that most of the countries supporting the group were doing so based on ignorance.
He said they had been hoodwinked into believing that “Nigeria is a country where Muslims persecute Christians” and a country where there is genocide.
