There was panic in the Alhaji Ota, Mushin area of Lagos Thursday afternoon when a part of a building went up in flames.
An eyewitness said the fire started from a generator.
Good Samaritans at the scene quickly gained entrance into the building and proceeded to take out generators, cooking cylinders, ACs and other appliances that can fuel the fire.
Operatives of LASEMA, we understand, arrived about thirty minutes later to put out the fire.
“Funny enough, people in other flats, slept throughout the incident. They didn’t even know anything was happening until the fire service arrived,” the witness, Demola, said.
I don't want to laugh but I can't help it. The Federal Fire Service just arrived after about one hour and they couldn't even locate the fire site. ???♂️?♂️?♂️
— Uncle Demola (@OmoGbajaBiamila) January 3, 2019
Federal Fire Service reportedly arrived the scene about an hour after they were notified, and had to turn back as LASEMA operatives had completed the job.
The witness said no life was lost to the fire but lots of properties were burnt.