WATCH: Several properties lost as fire razes building in Mushin

No life was lost to the fire.

There was panic in the Alhaji Ota, Mushin area of Lagos Thursday afternoon when a part of a building went up in flames.

An eyewitness said the fire started from a generator.

Good Samaritans at the scene quickly gained entrance into the building and proceeded to take out generators, cooking cylinders, ACs and other appliances that can fuel the fire.

Operatives of LASEMA, we understand, arrived about thirty minutes later to put out the fire.

“Funny enough, people in other flats, slept throughout the incident. They didn’t even know anything was happening until the fire service arrived,” the witness, Demola, said.

Federal Fire Service reportedly arrived the scene about an hour after they were notified, and had to turn back as LASEMA operatives had completed the job.

The witness said no life was lost to the fire but lots of properties were burnt.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.